Friday, September 15, 2006

Nikon D80 My First Impression

So I finally bought my Nikon D80. I have not been able to use it as the lens arrive tomorrow .. grrrrrrrrr......

Since I have been a Minolta person up until now I can compare my "opening the box" experience only with Minolta cameras.

Honestly, I am super excited about my new camera. But I did notice a few negatives as compared to the Minoltas I have owned.

I have to admit I am a little disappointed with a couple of things. (Everything in comparison to Minolta)
  1. The manual is made from poor quality paper. I hope they have a PDF on their web site because I am sure the manual will tear soon.
  2. I dislike the eyepiece cap. Its doesnt just snap into the eye piece as it does for the Minolta. You have to slide of the eyepiece guard/pad and then slide in the cap. Seems like a tedious process. I was afraid I was going to break something.
  3. I wish the manual had some instructions or information on the CDs and the software on those CDs. What is PictureProject? Do I need it? For now I am not installing it. I have a feeling its useless.Buying experience. This has nothing to do with Nikon.
I now know why I started buying everything online. No its not to save $10 on taxes. Its the avoid the used car salesmen. This guy tried to sell me evrything from an extended warranty, to courses in photography, to membership to their store, to photo printing services and on and on. I was standing there credit card in hand and all I wanted was for him to charge it and give me the damn box. What should have taken 5 minutes took an hour.

Also like a moron I bough a SD card from the camera store instead of CompUSA right next to it. I need to return the card tomorrow and buy one from CompUSA. By then hopefully the lens will arrive. Then wooooooooo hooooooooooooooo.

BTW. Best place for the SD cards is still www.newegg.com. I have a bunch ordered. They should get here by Tuesday. I just need one to play around with over the weekend.More on this new adventure later :-)

More later.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So I'm trying to decide how to go digital after finally deciding that I'm not going with Sony/Konica/Minolta anymore. I've got a bit of their gear that's going to show up on eBay soon and I decided to go with either a Nikon D80 or Cannon 30D and was looking for people's opinion of each and voila, I googled my way here. Can't wait to hear how it all goes for you with the Nikon, it's the way I'm leaning.

5:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home