Sunday, April 08, 2007

Books to read - A quick post

This is a quick post to list some books that I think are worth a read. There is no shortage of books on the subject of photography and of course there are a gazillion web sites on the same subject. The two books I am suggesting are ones that I have read and so I can speak for them.

  1. Closeups in Nature - John Shaw. This book provides great insight into nature and macro photography and all the technical information you will need.
  2. The Digital Photography Book - Scott Kelby. This is a book that may require some explaining. There is no real knowledge imparted in this book. When you read it you will most likely say "I knew that." However, the reason I liked this book is that it provides quick tips on how to do various types of photography. As a beginner I find that I may have learnt a lot about cameras, lenses, apertures, speed, exposure etc but putting all that knowledge to practice is not always easy. This book with its quick one page tips helps your bring all what you have learnt into perspective and tells you what and how to do without focusiing on the physics.












Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Learning photography is fun and challenging. The best way that I have found to learn is through apprenticeship

and classes. Since we are all short on time and money right now I posted some of the best videos and books that

I have learned from on vigorotaku.blogspot.com

There is a lot out there and these are some of the best!

I hope that this helps.

http://vigorotaku.blogspot.com/2010/11/best-way-to-learn-photography.html

5:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home